Ethereum is an incredibly important project for Dapper Labs which is why the existing Dapper legacy wallet will continue supporting the Ethereum ecosystem. Dapper for Flow is instead a brand new account system that takes full advantage of the Flow network.
There are a few major differences between the Ethereum Legacy version and Dapper on Flow:
- Assets will not be transferable between the two accounts. Given the complexity of cross-chain functionality, moving assets from your Ethereum wallet to Flow will not be available in the immediate future. However, interoperability is always top of mind!
- Your Dapper Ethereum login (i.e. email and password) will not be carried over to Dapper Flow and vice-versa. If you have an existing Dapper Ethereum wallet, you will need to register for a new Dapper Flow account.
- Dapper Flow will not require you to install an extension. All account management will be done via your browser. We currently support Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
- On Dapper on Flow, in addition to cryptocurrency (ETH, BTC, BCH) you can also add your credit card and debit card for fast purchases.
- Dapper on Flow uses a proprietary credit system, called Dapper Balance. You can read more about it here.