How is the Ethereum Legacy Wallet different from Dapper on Flow?
Ethereum is an incredibly important project for Dapper Labs, which is why the existing Dapper legacy wallet will continue supporting the Ethereum ecosystem. Dapper on Flow, however, is a brand new account system that supports all the exciting experiences and dapps found on the Flow network.
There are some major differences between the Dapper Ethereum legacy wallet and Dapper on Flow
- Assets will not be transferable between the two accounts. Given the complexity of cross-chain functionality, moving assets from your Ethereum wallet to Flow will not be available in the immediate future. However, interoperability is always top of mind!
- Your Dapper Ethereum login (i.e. your email and password) will not be carried over to Dapper on Flow and vice-versa. If you have an existing Dapper Ethereum wallet, you will need to register for a new Dapper on Flow account.
- Dapper on Flow will not require you to install an extension. All account management will be done via your browser. We currently support Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
- On Dapper on Flow, in addition to cryptocurrency (ETH, BTC, BCH), you can also add your credit card and debit card for fast purchases.
- Dapper on Flow uses a proprietary credit system, called Dapper Balance. You can read more about it here.