Similar to other online payment services, you may eventually be asked for further identification in the form of an identity check (commonly referred to as Know Your Customer, or KYC) to verify your Dapper account. This layer of security is used to help prevent fraud and to protect the community.
When will I be asked to verify my identity?
There are two instances where a KYC check will be required:
- You will be asked to verify your identity once your account hits a certain threshold of financial activity. These include purchases and sales.
- Once eligible, your identity must be verified before you are able to request a withdrawal of your Dapper balance. Find out how to become eligible here.
What type of identification can I use?
Valid government-issued identification is required, although which type of ID is dependent on your region. For example, if you are in North America, you will be asked to use a government-issued ID like your driver's license, while other regions will require a passport.
Can I go through KYC early?
Once an account begins to approach the financial thresholds required for an ID check, a notification will be sent to the account owner's email prompting them to go through the verification early. A notification will also appear in your Dapper account under 'Security.'
Identity Upload Troubleshooting:
- Ensure that your document is valid and not expired, and without any modifications
- If you’re using a driver's license, please take a photo of both the front and the back of your ID for submission Ensure your document is in a well-lit area, without glare
- Ensure your ID is fully visible and in focus
- Photograph the entire document and avoid cutting off any corners
- If using the mobile camera option, please note that on iOS only the Safari browser is supported. If you are using Android, most browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Brave) will work.