Similar to other online payment services, you will be asked for further identification to verify your identity while using Dapper. This is used to help prevent fraud and keep our community safe.
When will I be asked to verify my identity?
You will be asked to verify depending on the level of financial activity you take such as the amount of funds you spend, if you want to move assets around or when you want to withdraw funds to your bank account or external cryptocurrency wallet. We are working on making it easier to go through this process at a time more convenient for you, so if you'd like to go through this earlier or if you have any issues just email us at email@example.com.
What type of identification can I use?
Valid government-issued identification is required and is dependent on your region. For example, if you are in North America, we require a government-issued ID like your driver's license while other regions will require a passport.
Identity Upload Troubleshooting:
- Ensure that your document is valid and not expired, without any modifications.
- Ensure your document is in a well-lit area without glare.
- Ensure the ID is fully visible and in focus.
- Photograph the entire document and avoid cutting off any corners or sides.
- If using the mobile camera option please note that on iOS only the Safari browser is supported. If you are using Android most browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Brave) will work.